See accomplishments from other years:
- Secured $17.8 million in funding (double the past funding level) for the Nurse-Family Partnership program; expanded the CPS budget by 8.1%, which included over $4 million in new prevention program funding.
- Perpetrators will now have a mandatory “no contact” with their victim if they are released on bond.
- Required courts to consider the impact that a continuance may have on the victims of child abuse, and for the reason for the continuance request to be stated.
- Strengthened services for youth transitioning out of foster care by authorizing seed funding for new transition centers, adding staff, and improving technology.
- Provided therapy for abused children as well as treatment and other services for their families.
- Provided financial support for relatives providing day care services.